Les Menuires for families
Les Menuires is the ultimate family-friendly ski resort! Reputed for 50 years by several generations of skiers and certified « Famille Plus » since 2006, the resort takes particular pride in making sure that your holiday is synonymous with ease, relaxation and entertainment for all the family. How do we do it? By focusing on the finer details - they really do make all the difference.
- There is free access to baby changing areas.
- The resort is laid out to make it easy to get around with a pushchair.
- There are two nurseries, one for children over 3 months and one for children over 18 months, a kid’s club for children over 31 months and group ski lessons for children over 3 years old, monitored by professionals so that your children can become familiar with the snow from a young age.
- Baby seats and pushchair sleds are available to rent at various shops in the resort. More information is available at the Tourist Office.
For all the family
- Our « Famille Plus » certified lodgings, restaurants, sports and recreation areas, activities and shops guarantee that the welcome and services that you will receive are adapted to your needs (supplies for babies, changing tables, play areas etc.).
- There is a medical service not far from the resort open every day.
- Prices vary depending on the age bracket.
- We provide entertainment, activities and services for children aged from 3 months to 18 years old so that whole the family can have a great time together.
Reap the benefits of coming to Les Menuires as a family
Under 5s ski for free. With a Family Pass, you benefit from the child rate for everyone for any purchase of a package for the same ski area for the same amount of time (6 days minimum, 2 adults + 2 children). With a Tribe Pass, everyone benefits from a reduced price for any group purchase of 3 packages for the same ski area for the same amount of time (6 days minimum). View the package deals
We prioritise accessibility and safety
To allow you to learn and progress in complete safety, we have set up 4 areas for beginners in the districts of La Croisette, Preyerand, Les Bruyères and Grand Reberty, with conveyor belts leading to the easier slopes.
In the centre of the La Croisette district you can find the Boukty Snow Camp play area, for young children (accompanied by their parents) to discover the joys of snow and sledding in a fun environment where they can practice going down a toboggan run, play hide and seek in an igloo or even have a snowball fight.
Our five chair lifts (Menuires, Doron, Reberty, Tortollet and Bettex) are equipped with a guardrail safety system to ensure that the ski lifts are safe for use by children. This ingenious system does not require any special equipment in order to be used by children. We have installed ramps and removed stairs in order to allow children to easily access the cable cars (Roc 1, Bruyères 1, Preyerand, Saint Martin 1).
Fun for all the family
On the slopes and in the resort there are many activities on offer to allow parents and children to enjoy themselves as a family.
La Croisette Sports Centre is a real paradise for children, with a Fun Park and 500m2 of recreational spaces and discovery play areas. It has a pool which offers swimming lessons for babies and fun aqua aerobics classes for children. The water park and wellness space at Les Bruyères has a recreational balneo-pool with water jets and an enormous paddling pool exclusively for children.
From the Boukty Snow Camp for children to Roc'n Bob (snow sledding activity) and Speed Mountain (an alpine coaster) for adults, the various toboggan runs on the resort will allow you to discover the pleasures of sledding no matter how old your children are. Non-skiing activities are offered to share thrills and excitement with older children: Fat biking on the snow, Easy Trott (activity with electric scooters on snow), Roc'n Trott (descend the slopes by scooter). Take on challenges with your family in one of the many recreational areas such as: the Friendly Natural Park, the Pixel Area, the Mini KL (speed ski slope) or even the Liberty Ride (freeride ski slope).
Take on challenges as a family at Crazy After Ski, our fun weekly après-ski!
The Famille Plus accreditation, a guarantee of quality
« Famille Plus » is a national accreditation granted, for a renewable period of three years, to places that make an effort to welcome families and children.
We are very proud to display the « Famille Plus » accreditation, obtained in 2006, as it recognises our commitment to providing high-quality services and our desire to cater for families. This is why we have committed ourselves to meeting over 100 criteria concerning aspects such as: welcome and information, entertainment and activities on the resort, protecting the environment, catering, accommodation, equipment, transport and safety.
Today, there are over 50 service providers at the resort that have chosen to make themselves family-friendly and have been awarded the « Famille Plus » accreditation which guarantees a high-quality experience and welcome tailored to children and families.