Madness in La Masse #1
Join us on 25 March 2023 for the first edition of Les Menuires' new event Madness in La Masse, a joyous celebration of winter sports!
Unmissable 3 Vallées skiing spot La Masse will be transformed for a day to host 3 ski races (solo and relay in the morning, downhill race with a ‘special stages' format in the afternoon) and plenty more activities and entertainment. Adjust your bindings, don your skis and get ready for an experience buzzing with energy and fun 🤪
The solo race will kick off the day with up to 250 skiers competing in a major challenge! It will include 4.3km of downhill skiing with a vertical drop of over 850m, around a hundred turns and 6 obstacles along the way - mogul field, biathlon, snake run, ‘water slide', boardercross-style section and jumps - bringing plenty of excitement to this challenging course!
If you prefer ‘working' in a team, the relay race is the one for you! Up to 100 teams of 3 will come together for this morning race divided into 3 stages:
- Section 1: 1.3km with a vertical drop of 380m with slalom, mogul field and half of the snake run (must be able to ski a moguled black run).
- Section 2: 1.35km with a vertical drop of 350m with half of the snake run, schuss and biathlon (must be able to ski a moguled black run).
- Section 3: 1.32km with a vertical drop of 180m with boardercross-style course and water slide, with the possibility to bypass this (intermediate level accepted; you must be able to ski a blue run).
An action-packed team race perfect for groups who are stronger together 💪
Special Stages Format
This race between up to 200 participants will include 4 timed special stages and 4 obstacles! It'll be quite some challenge, promising an exciting watch for spectators.
Prize-Giving Ceremony, Activities and Entertainment
The prize-giving ceremony will take place at 4.30pm in La Croisette, with lots of prizes in store for the competition's big winners. Come in fancy dress! The jury will award a special prize to the skier with the best costume.
There will be activities and entertainment (ski band, parade, axe throwing, Ferris wheel, etc.) along with refreshment stands and food on the La Masse terraces at the summit, halfway down by the Friendly Natural Park and at the foot of the slopes in La Croisette. And the celebrations won't end there - after giving it your all in the race, you'll have earned a chance to let your hair down! The day will finish on a high note with a concert at Le Break sports centre, and as a bonus, there'll be a prize draw with loads of prizes up for grabs.
Who can register?
Want to take part in a race? It couldn't be easier! You don't need to have a licence from the French Ski Federation (FFS) to register, you just need to make sure you meet the criteria for the race you want to do.
- Special stages format: this race is open to skiers of any gender, with or without FFS licences, aged 8 or over (born before 31/12/2015) with at least Gold Star level (see the registration terms and conditions - articles 6 and 12).
- Solo format: this race is open to skiers of any gender, with or without FFS licences, aged 13 or over (born in 2010 or before) with at least Vermeil Flèche level recommended (see the registration terms and conditions - articles 6 and 12).
- Relay format: this race is open to skiers of any gender with or without FFS licences (see the registration terms and conditions - articles 6 and 12).
- Download the health questionnaire for adults
- Download the health questionnaire for minors
- Download the authorization for minors
Download the Madness in La Masse rules
If you don't have a licence, don't worry, you can participate by filling in a form to be attached to your registration:
What about prices?
You can take part in a race from just €5. Prices and registration packages vary between the different races.
See full list of registration pricesRegister online
And if you're coming especially for the event, we can even offer you a selection of accommodation and great deals. Get 2 nights in Les Menuires from just €75.50 per person!
If you want to support the event and get involved as a volunteer, you can register online.
You certainly won't be stuck for transport to the resort! Whether it's by car, by train, by taxi or by bus, here's all the information you need on getting to Les Menuires.